Who we are
Smile of Hope Ministries is a Christian based charity organization operating in Uganda and some parts of East Africa dedicated to educating, feeding, clothing and providing medical supplies to HIV/Aids Patients taking care of orphans, street children and child-abuse victims. Founded in 2013, with an aim to help the poorest of the poor and to restore lost smiles for Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
Our goal is to create positive and personal differences in the lives of at-risk children so they can achieve productive lives, live with healthy habits and maintain peaceful attitudes toward themselves and others.
We do this through teaching essential skills that influence the development of compassion, good choices, positive attitudes and confident minds.
Empowered, Healthy and Productive households in Ugandan communities and Africa at large.
To promote meaningful change around Ugandan communities to help people live healthier, productive, and more independent lives.
How is SOHM different from other charity organizations?
Smile of hope is different from other Charity Organization in so many different ways: -
- We are on the ground to Identity, Diagnose the needs of our Community/People.
- All founding members have common personal experiences of Orphan/vulnerability at one point in life.
- We are still energetic to carry out Organizational activities, projects and programs example 20’s and 40’s.
- The Organization has Christian background with Christian principles as the ingredient in the day to day management.
As Christians, we know that Christ is alive and can be served directly by serving those in the greatest need.
We have practical and technical staff as well as enough team to take care of Organizational activities and works respectively.
SOHM engages with a number of local projects, improving opportunities for people in underprivileged communities through better education, health, sanitation and sustainable development.
We aim to;
- To inspire, sensitize, and mobilize the people of Uganda to embark on self-help projects.
- Show young people that through sacrificing a little time and money, they can also get involved in making a difference.
- Ensure that all at-risk children we reach through our programs and events feel loved and derive skills that support their development and healthy sense of self
- Be a source of unique empowerment programs that children otherwise would not have
- Build healthier communities by investing in the positive development of children
- Provide easy and rewarding opportunities for individuals & corporations to give back
We celebrate when children become successful because they choose to be happy, kind, respectful and competent adults!